With the premiere of the ninth season of The Big Bang Theory tonight (one of my favorite shows!), Sheldon and Leonard's apartment is my interior inspiration of the day. Their apartment is, hands down, one of my all-time favorite on-screen apartments. I mean, it's a pretty awesome space! Have you seen this really awesome floor plan of Leonard and Sheldon's apartment? The artist has renderings of other on-screen apartments as well (I really want Carrie Bradshaw's apartment, too). I always pictured Sheldon and Leonard's room next to each other since they're always talk to each other through the wall. But regardless, it's pretty cool floor plan. And a HUGE apartment.
I think it's all of the personal items items that draw me to Leonard and Sheldon's apartment. All of the science books, action figures, and other super hero and science-y memorabilia -- it's homey and comfortable. I love checking out the things people have on display in their homes. It's probably mostly because I'm nosey, but I find what people put on display in their homes -- their most private space -- fascinating. It's like a visual anthropology. My photography professor in college was also fascinated by visual anthropology and loved it when students brought in photos of interiors for critiques. She also loved using the term "visual anthropology."
Anyway. Back to Sheldon and Leonard's apartment! It feels like a space that would be totally comfortable to hang out in, thanks to all the warm tones, big cushy sofa, and all those books. Books are just comforting and cozy. Here are some ways you can add a little Sheldon and Leonard style into your space!
1. Boudreau Leather Sofa, $2,299.95 - Totally ready for deep-couch-sitting. Just don't sit in Sheldon's spot.
2. 1921 USA Weber Costello Globe, $83 - For a touch of academia.
3. Library Style 24 Drawer Multimedia Cabinet in Oak, $233.99 - Get that library-vibe with lots of books and this sweet storage solution!
4. Gianna Recycled Yarn Kilim Indoor/Outdoor Rug, $649 for 8'x10' - Warm colors make a space feel cozy -- plus this rug is eco-friendly. Score!
5. EKTORP Chair in Risane natural, $399 - The perfect spot to watch a Batman marathon. Or Lord of the Rings. Or America's Next Top Model.
6. Celestron 127EQ PowerSeeker Telescope, $149.95 - Get your astrology on and find the constellations.
7. Westland Giftware Ceramic Batman Cookie Jar, $48.25 - "I'm Batman."
8. Viz-pro Double-sided Magnetic Mobile Whiteboard, $259 - You're going to need a good whiteboard for writing out all of those equations and formulas!
9. Molecular Models 14-DNA2700C 17 Base Pair DNA Model Kit, Completely Assembled, $808.77 - No Big Bang Theoryspace is complete without a DNA model.
10. Tanner Round Coffee Table, $381 - Ready for a round of 3D chess? Or maybe some Klingon Boggle?
11. You're In My Spot (Sheldon's Pillow), $20 - An exact replica of Sheldon's pillow! I'm sure Sheldon would beg to differ, though; and Canvas Cushion Cover in Dark Orange, $6.99
You're welcome. :)