Holy smokes -- it's almost fall and I haven't posted anything since...June! In all fairness, it was a crazy, busy summer involving a move to the other side of the east coast. But now that fall is (almost) here, it's time to get back to down to business. Fall always seems to usher in a sense of organization and routine. I guess it's that whole back-to-school thing, but back-to-school always starts while it's still technically summer. Anyway. Point is, it's time to get back to blogging and time to talk about my new blog series -- interior inspirations.
My first interior inspo is Brooke Shields' living room (as seen in Better Homes and Gardens). The September issue of BHG featured a whole house tour, but I particularly love the living room. Between the buttery yellow walls, the hot pink bergere chairs and the cushy white sofa, the room is so happy, warm and inviting. I can imagine sitting in one of those chairs, sipping tea, and chatting away with Brooke ('cause we're totally on a first-name basis). The whole look is happy, bright and comfortable, thanks to the pops of color, warm tones, and comfy, cushy seating. Here's a collection of pieces inspired by Brooke's living room:
1. Sunset by Veronica Ventress, $31.20 for 22"x22" // I love using Society6 as a source for artwork. This photograph has equally stunning shades of magenta and orange.
2. Numi Ring candleholders, $4.95 and Krylon Metallic Gold spray paint // Get a little crafty to re-create the candleholders on Brooke's fireplace mantle.
3. Kaintiba Cotton Throw Pillow in Tangelo, $39.99 and Bright and Fresh Cotton Throw Pillow in Pink, $98.99 // Love the bright colors in these pillows -- they are sure to brighten up any space!
4. Cameron Square Arm Upholstered Sofa in Warm White canvas, $1,229 // A classic sofa with a washable slipcover. It's a win-win situation.
5. Milk Vases, Bright Orange, $135 for a set of three // The pop of orange in this trio of vases adds a really fun touch.
6. Santa Monica Coffee Table, Antique Gold, $922 // The use of acrylic in this coffee table uses less visual spaces and creates an airy look.
7. Hemsworth Area Rug in Navy and Ivory, $499 for 8'x10' // It's Brooke's rug reversed! As much as I love a white rug, I know it's going to get dirty in about .002 seconds. Enter this gorgeous rug that still has the same pattern and colors, only reversed. And thus, less likely to look dirty in .002 seconds.
8. Baxton Studio Napoleon Traditional French Arm Chair, $320 and Kaufman Lush Velveteen Hot Pink fabric, $14.98/yard // Brooke inherited the chairs from her mother and recovered them with a hot pink fabric and painted the body white. Here's a similar style chair from Wayfair that you can infuse with that energetic pink color!