Sophomore year of college, I had the incredible experience of studying abroad in Vienna. I absolutely fell in love with the city. The to-die-for cakes and pastries, the cobblestone roads, the beautiful old churches and buildings, the museums, the violin players in the Stephansplatz, the u-bahn (it's just fun to say!) Vienna is a truly gorgeous city that is just saturated with art, history, and culture. If I could, I would so move there in a heartbeat. Except my German is a bit rusty. Well, like really rusty. I'd have to work on that.
So of course, I felt compelled to create a Viennese-inspired wedding board. How romantic-slash-totally-awesome would it be to get married in Vienna? Yes, please.it.
1. First, we have a classic column-style gown, perfect for an evening soiree in such a historical setting.
2. Lots of gold accents, inspired by Klimt's paintings. A gorgeous gold-toned crystal headband for the bride.
3. Gold nail polish, with 18 karat gold flecks! Because you need a little bling.
4. Beautiful hand-made clutches that can be personalized for your bridesmaids!
5. Gold teardrop earrings covered in crystals completes the glamorous, classic look.
6. Vienna's Rathaus (City Hall), decorated for the holidays, looks straight out of a magical fairy-tale land (image from here)
7. A fox and mink jacket keeps the chill away as you celebrate long into the night!
8. Cafe Sacher, home of the famous sacher-torte. Instead of a traditional cake, serve up sacher-torte, an Austrian classic!
9. The Wallpaper City Guide to Vienna will keep your guests busy during their stay.
10. Beautiful deep blue sparkly shoes are your "something blue" and the perfect finishing touch to your classic ensemble!
Now, someone take me to Vienna! Please?